Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Vacation Part 1

Well, I finally got to South Africa, I'm actually in Hong Kong right now but I'll start my vacation from the beginning. We left on a flight to Johannesburg, South Africa. It was a connecting flight so we had to stop and drop some passengers off, each flight was eight hours. And sometimes your sleep schedule gets messed up but luckily mine hasn't. I tend to sleep almost TOO much. We went to a reserve in the safari to stay in a lodge that I highly recommend. It was called Chitwa Chitwa. It had the nicest staff but the worst shower knobs and heads. When we went on the safari drive we saw elephants, rhinos, cheetahs, leopards, lions, giraffes, zebras, impalas, nyalas, hippos, crocodiles, baboons, and warthogs. Look up what it is if you don't know what any of the animals are. It was freezing though. There were 2 drives a day, one in the morning (which you had to wake up at 5:45 to go), and one in the late afternoon until after dark. In the mornings I would wear 4 layers. I know... it's surprising how cold it can get in South Africa. After 4 days we left to a 5 star hotel which I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend to stay at. Its called Grootbos. It's about 140 kilometers away from Cape Town. It's the best. Everything there was amazing! I made two and a half friends there. Alex, Harry, and the half was little Cosmo. They were from Singapore. Unfortunately there was no sister. We still were good friends. Alex was my age. Harry was a little bit older than Liam. And then there was just Cosmo but he's still adorable and ticklish. Ye, we spent 3 days there. Just hanging out there.

3 comments:

r10_tampubolon said...

wow, nice blog right.
whould you like to visit my blog sir?
r10_tampubolon.blogspot.com
but my blog made in Indonesian.
I'm waiting you

Unknown said...

I saw the pics from South Africa. It looks truly amazing. I am thrilled that you, Liam and Dad are having a great time. Can't wait to hear all the stories face to face. Luv ya, ~Mom~

Desi said...

Sounds like an awesome time. I can't wait to see you on wednesday. I am excited.